The Help Center
Scribophile is a busy place with some concepts that might be a bit confusing at first. But never fear, the Help Center is here to lend a hand!
Talk to a Real Person
- The Getting Started Guide will help you to hit the ground running.
- Read about the tabs at the top of the site.
- Learn about your personal profile and your Scratchpad.
- Make some friends in the forums.
- What's karma, how much do you need, and how do you get it?
- How to post your first work for critique.
Guides & Answers
- The Codes of Conduct list some broad rules we all play by.
- The Getting Started Guide is a short visual guide to the site.
- Read about the life cycle of a piece of writing on Scribophile.
- The Spotlight FAQ has answers to all of your spotlight-related questions.
- The General FAQ may well have the answers to your other pressing questions.
- The Editor Troubleshooting Guide will help you get the formatting right for your work.
- Contact Alex with your questions, comments, suggestions, remarks, loves, fears, or phone numbers of Nigerian princes.
Writing Great Critiques
There's tons of great resources, both here and elsewhere online, about learning how to write amazing critiques.