Group-Sponsored YA Authors' Contest: SLOTH
|May 15, 2015
YA Authors is putting together an anthology to showcase its members. All proceeds from the anthology will be going to the charity First Book. The series will revolve around the Seven Deadly Sins and each volume will be focused on one of the sins. (The first volume, PRIDE, released April 1, 2015.) The second volume in this anthology is SLOTH. This volume is slated for worldwide publication with an anticipated release date of October 1, 2015 (or sooner).
- To be eligible, head on over and join the YA Authors group.
- All submissions must be 5,000 words or less. The work will not be read if it’s over the word count.
- Submissions must be a complete short story or flash fiction and must be reflective of the anthology’s theme: SLOTH.
- The piece must be a young adult piece, but can be any genre (romance, sci-fi, horror, fantasy, etc.).
- Only previously unpublished/un-submitted work will be accepted.
- If a story is accepted, the writer retains all copyrights but grants exclusive publishing rights for six months after the anthology's publication.
- Edits may be requested of the winners, and the authors must agree to work with the standing acceptance committee.
- The contest will run from now until 11:59 PM, UTC, May 15, 2015.
Entries will be judged blind: names and titles will be stripped and replaced with an entry number. Winners will be selected by a committee of volunteers that will include group members. All proceeds from the book will go to the charity First Book.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the group discussion thread or PM Katie Stephens.
Winners have been announced! Log in to see them.
|Publication in an anthology. There will be numerous works accepted.
Entries must be received before May 15, 11:59 PM, UTC.
Entries must be young adult works with the theme of the sin SLOTH. There is no genre restriction aside from YA. Entries must be under 5,000 words.
Only one entry per member, please. Multiple entries will all be disqualified.
Work must have Public visibility on Scribophile until winners are announced.
Entries will be judged by a committee. Decisions are final.
To be eligible, first join the YA Authors group. It wouldn't be fair to steal a member's spot in the anthology if you aren't a member.
To enter the contest, post your work on Scribophile and check the box that says "Enter this work into the YA Authors' Contest: SLOTH." Your work will automatically be considered. The checkbox will be visible until the contest deadline.
Entry is free, but you'll need karma points to post your work. You can earn karma points by writing critiques of work by other members.
If you have placed in a contest in the past with a particular piece, you may not resubmit that piece in other contests.