Group-Sponsored YA Authors' Pride Contest
|Deadline:||Feb 15, 2013|
YA Authors is putting together an anthology to showcase its members. All proceeds from the anthology will be going to the charity First Books. The series will revolve around the Seven Deadly Sins and each book will be focused on one of the sins. The first book is Pride and a contest is currently ongoing to find stories for the anthology.
- To be eligible, head on over and join the YA Authors group.
- All submissions must be between 2500 and 7000 words. Under or over and the work will not be read.
- Submissions must be a complete short story and must be reflective of the anthology’s theme: Pride.
- The piece must be a young adult piece, but can be any genre (romance, sci-fi, horror, fantasy, etc.).
- Only previously unpublished/unsubmitted work will be accepted.
- If story is accepted, writer retains all copyrights but grants exclusive publishing rights for six months after the anthology's publication.
- The contest will run from now until midnight EST February 15th.
Entries will be judged blind (meaning they're anonymous: names and titles will be stripped and replaced with an entry number). Winners will be selected by a committee of volunteers that will include group members and two teens. All proceed from the book will go to the charity First Book.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the group discussion thread.
Winners have been announced! Log in to see them.
|1st prize:||Publication in an anthology|
Entries must be received before midnight of Friday, February 15th (EST).
Entries must be young adult works with the theme of the sin "Pride." There is no genre restriction aside from YA. Must be between 2500-7500 words.
Only one entry per member, please. Multiple entries will all be disqualified.
Work must have Public visibility on Scribophile until winners are announced.
Entries will be judged by a committee. Decisions are final.
To be eligible, first join the YA Authors group. It wouldn't be fair to steal a member's spot in the anthology if you aren't a member.
To enter the contest, post your work on Scribophile and check the box that says "Enter this work into the YA Authors' Pride Contest." Your work will automatically be considered. The checkbox will be visible until the contest deadline.
Entry is free, but you'll need karma points to post your work. You can earn karma points by writing critiques of work by other members.
If you have placed in a contest in the past with a particular piece, you may not resubmit that piece in other contests.